Monday, January 24, 2011

This Week's PJ Tampa Bay Story Winner

Sherry Sexton 
Business Consultant, Entrepreneur, and Author
President of Imagine Coaching

 

A strong component of my coaching business is the element of social corporate responsibility. I am a business consultant for those starting a business or enhancing their existing business. I primarily work with women entrepreneurs. Having said that, I give two women who meet the qualifications (work as hard as I work for you), the “Gift of a Year” every year since starting my business. Most of women have been seriously committed and their businesses have grown exponentially. 

Although my coaching practice encompasses an international scope, I feel a strong connection to my own Tampa Bay community in terms of volunteering.  Since I work mostly with women, the charities that I am most attracted to are those involving women and children.  All Children’s Hospital has always pulled on my heart strings, my daughter and I volunteer there when moving to FL in 1991. In the past two years, I served as co-chairperson (2009) and then chairperson (2010) of the Annual Charity Ball- both an honor and a thrill. 

This year, I have chosen to be involved with “Faces of Courage” who provide life enriching camping experiences for children and families touched by cancer and blood disorders.  Having recently published a book about women entrepreneurs, The T-Shirt To Prove it! The Passionate Journey of 25 Women Entrepreneurs, I am currently working with Peggie Sherry, Founder of Faces of Courage to set up a book signing with proceeds going to their upcoming camp, “Women of Color”. Their Camp Motto:  Cancer is Serious, Camp is Serious FUN!!!

I have been fortunate to give freely to any and all charities who have asked for a donation, either books or complimentary coaching sessions. I can only hope that I will continue to achieve success and in turn, pay it forward!!! 

Posted via email from pjtampabay's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment